Austria is within the European Union. If you are travelling from the UK, you are entitled to buy fragance, skincare, cosmetics, Champagne, wine, selected spirits, fashion accessories, gifts and souvenirs - all at tax-free equivalent prices. There are no allowance restrictions on these tax-free items.
If arriving from within the EU, you must prove your goods are for personal use if you bring in more than the following quantities:
• 800 cigarettes or 400 cigarillos or 200 cigars or 1kg of tobacco.
• 10L of spirits over 22% or 20L of fortified wine or spirits up to 22%.
• 90L of wine (including up to 60L of sparkling wine).
• 110L of beer.
However, if you enter Austria from Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Latvia or Lithuania, the tax-exempt allowance for cigarettes is 300; any cigarettes in excess of this quantity are subject to tobacco duty.
If you are arriving from a non-EU country, the following goods may be imported into Austria by travellers over 17 years of age without incurring customs duty:
• 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 250g of tobacco or a proportional mix of these products.
• 1L of spirits over 22% or 2L of fortified wine or spirits up to 22% or a proportional mix of these products.
• 4L of non-sparkling wine.
• 16L of beer.
• Medicinal products sufficient for your visit.
• Other goods up to a value of €430 for airline travellers or €300 for other travellers per calendar day (reduced to €150 for children under 15).