Austria is within the European Union. If you are travelling from the UK, you are entitled to buy fragance, skincare, cosmetics, Champagne, wine, selected spirits, fashion accessories, gifts and souvenirs - all at tax-free equivalent prices. There are no longer any allowance restrictions on these tax-free items.
If you are arriving from a non-EU country, the following goods may be imported into Austria by persons over 17 years of age without incurring customs duty:
• 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 250g tobacco or a proportional mix of these products.
• 1L of spirits over 22% or 2L of fortified wine or spirits up to 22% or 2L of sparkling wine or liqueur and 2L of still wine.
• 500g of coffee or 200g of extracts, essences or concentrates of coffee, and 100g of tea or 40g of tea extracts.
• 50g of perfume and 0.25L of eau de toilette.
• Medicinal products sufficient for the journey.
• Goods up to a value of €175.