The following goods may be imported into Brazil by travellers over 18 years of age without incurring customs duty:
• 12L of alcohol.
• 200 cigarettes and 25 cigars and 250g of tobacco.
• 20 items (such as small gifts) worth up to US$10 each (or US$5 if arriving via land).
• 20 items items worth more than $10 each (no more than three of the same item).
The total value of the above items should not exceed US$500 if arriving via air or sea or US$300 if arriving via land, river or lake. In addition to the US$500 limit, travellers can buy goods up to US$500 in value at the duty-free shop on arrival in Brazil. The following limits apply:
• 24 units of alcohol, limited to 12 units per type of drink.
• 20 packs of cigarettes made outside Brazil and 25 cigars and 250g of tobacco.
• 10 toiletry items including cosmetics.
• 3 of the following: watches, toys, games or electronic items.