Explore a World of Wonders with Voyages Jules Verne…
Savings of up to £460 per person on a range of tours that are rich in history, culture and natural beauty.
VJV’s tours span the globe, following carefully devised itineraries by air, road, river and rail that capture the true essence of your chosen destination. All groups are expertly guided by local specialists with the arrangements enhanced by exclusive excursions and special events and the pleasure of travelling with companions who share similar tastes and interests.
• Classic journeys with cultural and historical interest.
• Carefully planned, imaginative itineraries.
• Exclusive excursions and events.
• English-speaking, specialist country guides.
• Limited group sizes.
• Total commitment to your enjoyment and satisfaction.
Voyages Jules Verne has launched the latest edition of its popular World of Wonders brochure this month.
Among the tempting selection of escorted worldwide departures available until December 2012 are eight new tours. These include Burma, reintroduced to Voyages Jules Verne’s worldwide programme following pro-democracy leader Aung Sang Suu Kyi’s approval for the return of tourism to the country. The World of Wonders brochure features two Burma itineraries, both carefully selected to be both sensitive to, and supportive of, local interests:
• Discover Burma: a 14-night immersion in the warmth of the Burmese people and their spectacular homeland that includes visits to picturesque pagodas, monasteries and a hill station as well as a cruise along the Irrawaddy. Price is from £1,995 pp.
• Along the Irrawaddy: experience Burma’s iconic river, traversing mountains, jungles and plains on a 14-night Pandaw cruise - part of a 21-day tour that also includes Rangoon and Inle Lake. Price is from £3,995 pp.
Also new for 2011/2012 are:
• The Search for El Dorado: an 11-night journey across Colombia that reveals the country’s diverse culture, history and natural beauty including stopovers in Bogotá, the San Agustín area, the Coffee Region and Cartagena. Price is from £1,995 pp.
• Grand Tour of Central America: an 18-night adventure through five of Central America’s most fascinating countries, starting in Costa Rica and heading north to Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala. Price is from £2,695 pp.
• 3-Country Wilderness Safari: combining Zimbabwe, Botswana and Zambia, this 18-night African odyssey takes travellers from the five-star Victoria Falls Hotel to classic tented safaris, with light aircraft transfers and game drives galore. Price is from £3,945 pp.
• Kenya – Wildlife & Coast: this 14-night safari takes travellers from Nairobi to Mombasa including visits to Amboseli, Tsavo and Taita Hills, lunch at Kenya’s original tea estate in the Limuru Highlands and a look around the former home of ‘Out of Africa’s’ Karen Blixen. Price is from £1,995 pp.
• Petra to the Pyramids: an 11-night journey through Jordan and Egypt that follows in the footsteps of Burckhardt and Lawrence of Arabia, staying in Amman, Petra, Aqaba and Taba before culminating with a four-night visit to Cairo. Price is from £1,745 pp.
• Ice & Lights: explore Iceland’s glacial lagoon, ice cap, volcano area and the Northern Lights on this seven-night itinerary which includes stops in Reykjavik, Skaftafell and Hveragerði, and the chance to swim in the world-famous Blue Lagoon. Price is from £1,095 pp.
• Danube Waltz: cruise the Danube through Austria, Slovakia and Hungary on board either the MS France or the MS Beethoven during a seven-night cruise that also visits Vienna, Budapest and Bratislava en-route. Price is from £1,445 pp.
World of Wonders 2011/12 also includes a number of early booking offers, saving up to £150 pp on selected tours in Europe, the Middle East and Ecuador. Price reductions of up to £460 pp also apply on selected mid and long-haul destinations such as Cuba, Egypt, India, Morocco, South Africa and Tunisia.
Voyages Jules Verne’s renowned No Single Supplement programme offers solo travellers a choice of departures without financial penalty, including:
• Christmas Markets & Music on the Danube - four nights for £795 pp
• Bordeaux & the Rivers of Wine - seven nights for £1,295 pp
• Iceland’s Land of Ice & Fire - three nights for £545 pp
• Grand Tour of Sri Lanka - ten nights for £1,475 pp
• Classic India & Nepal - 16 nights from £1,955 pp
• A Taste of China – seven nights from £995 pp.
Special events and exclusive arrangements remain a popular part of Voyages Jules Verne’s programme and the travel company has continued to innovate in World of Wonders 2011/12 with a selection of new experiences joining perennial favourites. Visit a private camp on the outskirts of Petra, gaze at the view from the Himalayas’ largest fort and enjoy an evening of traditional Sudanese entertainment. There’s also the chance to dine in an Egyptian home, by candle-light in a Burmese pagoda, take tea with an Omani family and much more.