VIP Club terms
VIP Club Terms & Conditions
Our website, vip.worldtravelguide.net is a social networking tool published by Columbus Travel Media Ltd. By joining our site you are accepting our Terms and Conditions. We may decide to change them at any time and if we do so those changes will be written into these terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of users to be aware of these terms and conditions in case there are any changes. Writing the changes in here is our obligation, keeping an eye on them is yours. Continuing to use the site after a change has been made is your acceptance of the changes.
Use of the Website
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site. If you become aware of any inappropriate content by any member of this site, please contact us by clicking on the "Feedback" link at the footer of every page.
This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Columbus Travel Media Ltd, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "as is" and on an "is available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Use of and Membership in the vip.worldtravelguide.net service is void where prohibited.
By using the vip.worldtravelguide.net Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 15 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the vip.worldtravelguide.net services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe you to be in breach of any of the above terms. In no event will Columbus Travel Media Ltd be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
Columbus Travel Media Ltd does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. The names, images and logos identifying Columbus Travel Media Ltd or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of the Columbus Travel Media Ltd and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any licence or right under any trademark or patent of Columbus Travel Media Ltd or any other third party.
A fully registered member of vip.worldtravelguide.net requires the user to have filled out the following information: Screen Name, First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Country of Origin, Birthday, How you found out about us and Upload a profile photo.
On entering a competition (the person, persons or organisation entering the competition) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and Columbus Travel Media Ltd shall only accept submissions (defined below) on that basis. Columbus Travel Media Ltd reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of equal value. There is no cash alternative. Entries should only be made via the Internet. Entries must be received by 5pm GMT on the closing day of the competition as stated on the competition entry form. No responsibility can be accepted for non-receipt of submitted entries. Employees of Columbus Travel Media Ltd, their families and agents are not eligible to take part in the competition.
Responses via the website are deemed to be signed by virtue of having been submitted. Columbus Travel Media Ltd reserves the right to terminate the competition before a judgement is made and it will endeavour to notify entrants of the termination and where possible provide an explanation of such a termination. Columbus Travel Media Ltd reserves the right to change the submission deadline and timetable for whatever reason. Columbus Travel Media Ltd will endeavour to inform all entrants of these changes.
Columbus Travel Media Ltd shall at its sole discretion select the winner from the prize draw. By entering a competition you accept that you will be subscribed to the vip.worldtravelguide.net e-newsletter.
All entrants must be 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom. Information gathered in the running of competitions or promotions is not shared with any 3rd party except where the competition or promotion is run in conjunction with a 3rd party and sharing information is necessary to support the promotion.
Sharing your content with World Travel Guide VIP Club : Terms of Service
1) As a World Travel Guide VIP Club member you may submit Content, defined as photographs, videos, written copy or other media. You understand that whether or not Content is published, World Travel Guide VIP Club does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Content.
2) You retain all of your ownership rights in your Content, but you are required to grant limited licence rights to World Travel Guide VIP Club and other users of the Service. These are described in paragraph 8 of these Terms (Rights you licence).
3) You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. World Travel Guide VIP Club does not endorse any Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and World Travel Guide VIP Club expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content.
4) You represent and warrant that you have (and will continue to have during your use of the Service) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions which are required to enable World Travel Guide VIP Club to use your Content for the purposes of the provision of the Service by World Travel Guide VIP Club, and otherwise to use your Content in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms.
5) You agree that you will not post or upload any Content which contains material which it is unlawful for you to possess in the country in which you are resident, or which it would be unlawful for World Travel Guide VIP Club to use or possess in connection with the provision of the Service.
6) You agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain any third party copyright material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights (including rights of privacy or rights of publicity), unless you have a formal licence or permission from the rightful owner, or are otherwise legally entitled, to post the material in question and to grant World Travel Guide VIP Club the licence referred to in paragraph 8.1 below.
7) On becoming aware of any potential violation of these Terms, World Travel Guide VIP Club reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to decide whether Content complies with the content requirements set out in these Terms and may remove such Content and/or terminate a User's access for uploading Content which is in violation of these Terms at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
8) You further understand and acknowledge that in using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is factually inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable to you. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against World Travel Guide VIP Club or Columbus Travel Media Ltd with respect to any such Content.
Rights you licence
When you upload or post Content to World Travel Guide VIP Club, you grant:
1) to World Travel Guide VIP Club, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence (with right to sub-licence) to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that Content in connection with the provision of the Service and otherwise in connection with the provision of the Service and World Travel Guide VIP Club's business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels;
2) to each user of the Service, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such Content to the extent permitted by the functionality of the Service and under these Terms.
The above licenses granted by you in Content terminate when you remove or delete your Content from the Website. The above licenses granted by you in textual recommendations you submit as Content are perpetual and irrevocable, but are otherwise without prejudice to your ownerships rights, which are retained by you as set out in paragraph above.
All outdoor and travel related activities are potentially hazardous. The information provided on this website offers guidelines only, and is no substitute for personal instruction from a qualified person. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information, no responsibility can be accepted for any errors or omissions. By choosing to follow any of the advice, the user accepts personal responsibility for a) learning any techniques required, b) any risks involved, and c) any loss, damage, or injury sustained of any kind - including death - howsoever caused. d) any and all problems which a user may find themselves in as a result of reading our content.
What data do we collect and how do we use it?
vip.worldtravelguide.net collects and processes information about you in order to:
i. identify you each time you visit a website or wish to have a Service provided;
ii. process orders or applications submitted by you;
iii. improve our Services and website
iv. Customise your experience, for example, provide advertisements that we think are relevant to you and which support any specific requests for information you may make through keyword searches;
v. carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of all of our members; and
vi. send you information we think you may find useful, including information about new vip.worldtravelguide.net products and services.
You may be asked, either when you register with us, or at other times, for information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number. You may also be asked to share with us your interests, hobbies and preferences You are under no obligation to provide this information, but if you don't then we may not be able to provide you with certain services or personalise your experience and tailor our Services for you (for example, tell you about special offers).
Log Files/ IP Adresses
When you visit our websites, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer our website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information.
Non Personal Information
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our website. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our website. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party sites from which it is possible to link to our website, with information relating to the number of users linking to our website from their sites. You cannot be identified from this information.
i. To identify who you are and to access your account information;
ii. To estimate our audience size and patterns;
iii. To ensure that you are not asked to register twice;
iv. To control how often visitors see similar ads;
v. To track preferences and to improve and update our website; and
vi. To track the progress and number of entries in some of our promotions and contests.
Pricing and Print Errors
Prices and specifications are checked to the best of our ability, and whilst every effort has been made to make them accurate, no responsibility will be accepted for errors and omissions. We reserve the right to alter our prices and specifications without notice.
With whom is the information shared?
vip.worldtravelguide.net will not share, sell or rent your personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information to third party suppliers who provide services on our behalf. vip.worldtravelguide.net may disclose aggregate statistics about our sales, our website visitors and members of our services in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will not include personally identifying information.
vip.worldtravelguide.net may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if it believes that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of vip.worldtravelguide.net and its website, visitors to the website and members of our Services. Our website contains links to the sites of third parties. When you visit these sites, we suggest that you read their privacy policies. vip.worldtravelguide.net is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites. We will only sell or rent your personal information to a third party either as part of a sale of the assets of vip.worldtravelguide.net having ensured that steps have been taken to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Information about products and services
It is very important to us that we provide you with the highest level of service. In order to help us do this, from time to time vip.worldtravelguide.net may send you details of our products and services which we think may be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to receive these details, please email us.
vip.worldtravelguide.net places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our members. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of member data under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
Where is the information stored?
Information which you submit via our website service is stored on a computer located in the European Economic Area. This is necessary in order to process the information and to send you any information you have requested. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and to reputable third party suppliers, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area. Not all countries outside the EEA have data protection or privacy laws. In addition, if you use our Service while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those Services.