Send us your best travel photos from 2014 for your chance to win £75, plus a host of other top prizes.
As 2014 draws to a close, we want to look back on an incredible year through a lens – namely yours.
That’s why we’ve launched World Travel Guide’s Best of 2014 photo competition, which seeks original photos that offer a fresh perspective on the travel theme.
Send us your favourite snaps from the last 12 months and our in-house photographer will pick the best three to win the top prizes: £75 for the winner, £25 for second place and a Scratch Map for third.
The closing date is midnight GMT on 31 December 2014. Entries must be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to include your name, address and a one-line caption about the image, together with where it was taken (scroll down for terms and conditions).
We’re sure you can do better than our scribes, who captured these images on their travels.
Terms and conditions:
1. All entries must be submitted to email@example.com via email.
2. Entrants must include their name, address and a one-line caption about the image, together with where it was taken.
3. Entries received later than midnight GMT on 31 December 2014 will not be included.
4. All photos submitted must be the work of the individual, and they must own the copyright for it.
5. Images submitted must have been taken in the last 12 months.
6. Competition open to amateurs only.
7. Copyright will remain with the entrant, but each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to Columbus Travel Media to feature any or all of the submitted images on their websites.
8. The winning entry will be chosen by Columbus Travel Media. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Columbus Travel Media assume no responsibility (and are not liable) for any image misuse by third parties.
10. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
11. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Columbus Travel Media, so Columbus Travel Media may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Columbus Travel Media as a result thereof.
12. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute in relation to them shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.