the fp is food-and-drink
Guam Food and Drink
A wide selection of restaurants features American, Chinese, European, Filipino, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean and Mexican food. Guamanian cooking is very similar to Spanish cuisine. Expect to see American franchises like McDonalds, KFC, Hooters, Hard Rock Café, as well as the upscale Roy's in the Hilton Hotel.
A local favourite, the seaside Jeff's Pirate Cove (tel: 789 2683/1582) serves everything from breakfast, steaks and fresh seafood, to local delicacies.
• Finadene sauce (often served with barbeque).
• Kelaguen (chopped chicken, lemon juice, grated coconut and hot peppers).
• Apigigi (dessert of coconut milk and tapioca which is wrapped and grilled in a banana leaf).
• Mahha Titiyas (coconut tortillas).
• Guyuria (deep-fried cookie with sugar glaze).
• Bunelos (banana donuts).
• Buchi-Buchi (fried pumpkin).
• Pastit (flaky crusted Chamorro dessert with pumpkin or papaya).
10 to 15% is standard. Where a 10% service charge has already been added to the bill, tipping is optional.