Austria: Visa and Passport Requirements
|Passport required||Return ticket required||Visa required|
To enter Austria, a passport valid for at least three months beyond length of stay is required by the nationals referred to in the chart above, except:
• British nationals (1) whose passport should be valid for intended length of stay.
• EU nationals (2) holding a valid national ID card.
Note: EU nationals are only required to produce evidence of their EU nationality and identity in order to be admitted to any EU member state. This evidence can take the form of a valid national passport or national identity card. Either is acceptable. Possession of a return ticket, any length of validity on their document, or sufficient funds for the length of their proposed visit should not be imposed.
There are no restrictions on the remaining validity of your passport, providing you leave Austria before its expiry date.
Visas for Austria are not required by all nationals referred to in the chart for the following lengths of visit:
• Nationals of EU countries for an unlimited period, provided passport is valid;
• Nationals of Australia, Canada and USA (3) for the purposes of business or tourism for stays of up to 90 days. For stays longer than three months an entry permit must be applied for which is valid for up to six months;
• Holders of the following British passports do need a visa: British subject (without right of abode in the UK); British Dependent Territories; British Overseas Citizens; British Protected Persons (4).